In the world where skinny bodies are looking at you from TV screens, magazines and Instagram whereas diets are growing in overwhelming numbers, it’s really hard to deal with obesity. If you’re struggling with this problem, check what you can do to be healthy and feel good in your own skin.
What are the causes of obesity?
The main causes include:
- genetic predisposition;
- hormone imbalance (menopause, hormonal medication, pregnancy, thyroid problems);
- nervous system disorders, eating disorders.
Other obesity triggers are:
- giving up smoking,
- too high calorie intake,
- type of work,
- skeleton structure,
- body proportions,
- sedentary lifestyle,
- too little physical activity.
Who is the most exposed to obesity?
Even though extra pounds were once the bane of adults mostly, now the problem affects the little ones as well. Obese children also suffer from arterial hypertension, increased cholesterol level or type 2 diabetes.
Obesity vs health
Obesity is hazardous to our health. The consequences of this condition include:
- joint strain and bone damage,
- skin folds,
- fat build-up in blood vessels,
- disrupted blood circulation and nourishment of internal organs,
- heart attack, brain stroke, arterial hypertension and sleep apnea,
- low self-esteem, depression.
How to treat obesity?
If you suffer from general obesity, go to endocrinologist’s to rule out or confirm hormonal disorders. In the case of failed hormonal therapy and diet, you will need the surgeon’s intervention. The procedure involves reducing the size of your stomach to make you feel full more quickly. Sadly, this procedure entails loose skin which might be removed in a plastic surgery. If you deal with excess fat on arms, belly, thighs or buttocks, you will need liposuction, that is removing fat tissue.